Q. Why do you take a deposit for ordering in uncommon parts?
A. We now take a deposit or full payment for all special order (non van stocked parts) due to customers changing their mind or cancelling jobs after we have ordered in non-refundable parts. This had been unfairly leaving us out of pocket and stuck with parts we may never use again.
Q. If I fail to cancel an appointment will I be charged?
A. Yes, you will be charged a callout fee if you don’t give us at lease 4 hours notice before the booked time. We still have to pay the Technicians wages and travel costs to visit your property just to find nobody is home, as well we miss out on booking someone else’s paying job in because we kept a booking time open for you.
Q. Why am I charged a Callout fee?
A. This fee is to cover the technicians wages, admin, fuel, travel, advertising and fixed business costs while travelling to your job. (It often takes around 30 mins to get to your job) Note: If we turn up and you’re not there and you haven’t cancelled the booking, you will still be charged the callout fee as we still have these fixed costs. (We could have been at another customers paying job instead)
Q. Will you have the parts to repair my Appliance?
A. Until we have inspected your appliance we can not guarantee we will have all the parts required to repair it on the day. We do carry around $20,000 or more of parts stock in each van which is made up of the most common parts required for most appliance repairs. When possible to diagnose the most likely fault over the phone we will often try to source the most likely common parts before attending your repair. If we need to order a part in, then return to your job to complete a repair you are not charged the full callout charge again. (We give a fixed quote including labour to finish any further work required)
Q. Are you really on time every time?
A. We take a lot of pride in being “Always Prompt” and enjoy the constant praise we receive for being on time. We always try our best to live upto our motto “On time everytime”. We give you a 1 hour window which we will arrive in. (We may still need up to an hour on average to repair your appliance once we arrive on site though)
Q. Is it dangerous to repair my own appliance?
A. Yes – even a qualified electrician may have trouble, unless experienced in appliance repairs. Some appliances could give a fatal Electric shock, even when unplugged. If wires/components are broken or not refitted correctly the appliance could cause a FIRE or INJURE OR KILL your family member or yourself due to electrical shock or fire. In most cases it is also illegal to work on your own electrical appliance, so don’t take the risk.
Q. Do I have to pay the technician on the spot?
A. Yes – We do not offer Accounts or Invoicing. We have mobile EFTPOS with every technician, we accept cash, debit cards, visa/mastercard or business chq. So there’s really NO reason not to pay on the day.
Q. Do you warranty your repairs?
A. We give a full 12 month parts and labour warranty on any parts supplied and fitted by our technicians.
Q. My dishwasher smells or leaves dirt/grime on dishes
A. For Dishwashers: We recommend at least once a month the unit is run on a “heavy” or “intensive cycle” after 15mins of operation (or when you hear the dispenser flap open) pause the unit open the door and add 1L of white vinegar to the water in the base of the unit. This cleans the dishwasher and removes water scale, grease, tablet foam or buildup etc. Also check/clean filters and clear spray arm holes from blockages.
Q. My washing machine smells or leaves dirt/grime on clothing
A. For washing machines: We recommend at least once a month the unit is run on warm/heavy duty/Soak/intensive or hot cycles. For front loaders: add 1L of white vinegar to the empty powder dispenser or tub. Top loaders: Add 4L of white vinegar to bowl, then start the cycle. This cleans the washing machine and removes water scale, grease, fabric softner or powder foam buildup etc. Also check clean lint/pump filters.
Q. Can you recommend a new Appliance?
A. Yes we can – As we repair all brands of appliances we find out the common faults/issues, cost and availability of parts and receive feedback from customers first hand, therefore we have a very good idea on which appliances you should or shouldn’t look to buy and where to currently get the best deal.
Terms and Charges:
- In the Brisbane metro area, we charge a standard $89 callout charge to attend to your property plus $60 for up to the first 30 minutes of labour. Therefore we charge a minimum callout and labour charge of $149 plus parts. Extra travel charges may apply if your location is more than 30 mins from Brisbane CBD. Most faults can be diagnosed or possibly repaired within this time.
- If the job does take longer than 30 minutes, we charge $30 per additional 15 minutes. Our technicians do work very quickly and will keep you informed of the estimated time to complete the job (Pensioner or Student discounted rates may apply).
- Our technicians have very well-stocked vans with common and universal parts for most makes and models. In the case that you do require parts that we don’t carry in our vans, we only charge a $29 Callback charge plus parts and labour to complete the job. We will advise you a fixed price quote before ordering any parts. We require payment via credit card or bank transfer before ordering any non stocked parts. We endeavor to email a quote to you within 48 hours of attendance.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a job, we require a minimum of 4 hours’ notice before your booking time. Please phone us on (07) 3393 6514 or email to [email protected] during our business hours (7:30am to 4:30pm Mon to Fri) or a cancellation fee of $89 maybe charged at our discretion.
- We require payment on the day via cash, Eftpos, MasterCard or Visa. If the person or entity paying is not able to be in attendance on the day, valid credit card details are required to be kept on file in our office until the job is completed.
- We give a time window (e.g. 1-1.5hr) of when we will attend as the technician may arrive either end of this window, we require you to be available for a minimum of 1 hour after this window.
- If your appliance is heavy or built in, we take all care when uninstalling the appliance from the cabinetry or moving it to gain access to repair it. As we are not professional furniture removalists we will take care to avoid any damage, but take no liability for damage to floors or cabinetry. If damage to you floor or cabinetry is a concern we recommend the unit is uninstalled from any cabinetry or the floor/property is protected before we attend.
Note: If you have any questions or concerns with these terms & conditions please contact us to discuss.
- For any compliments/complaints or disputes these must be emailed in writing to:
- If the issue is not addressed to your satisfaction. We request that before taking any external action against our company please give us a chance to negotiate a fair and acceptable resolution. Attention your correspondence to “Management” and email:
- We pride ourselves on being a fair and ethical company. We appreciate at times there can be disagreements, misunderstanding and frustration. We will try our best to negotiate an acceptable resolution to any issues or concerns which arise.
- If you reject the Department of Fair Trading’s recommendation then you have no right to leave a bad review or take any further action against our company in any form.
Negative Online Reviews: We support freedom of speech including fair, reasonable online reviews based on honest facts. We reserve the right to sue for all damages including our legal fees, if an untrue negative review is left online mentioning our company, subsidiaries or trading names.
These terms maybe modified or updated from time to time. Please read them in full before employing our services.